Sunday 27 October 2013

Letterbox Love (#73)


As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Review Books


Allegiant by Veronica Roth
I can't believe it's finally here.  The last part of the Divergent series has finally been published and I'm starting this imediately.  I'm absolutely terrified that someone online is going to spoil it for me and already people are dropping hints - if that's you, then please STOP.  Anyway, now that I'm caught up on what happened in Insurgent, I'm reading this now and may have to go a bit dark for a while so if you don't see me around...you know why.
 
The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I love the fact that The Naturals are a secret FBI programme for exceptionally talented teenagers. What a great hook for a book and I'm curious to know if this is any good.

THANK YOU Publishers!!!!



Books Bought


Under the Dome by Stephen King 
I LOVE this TV series so much so, that I've given in and bought the book and let me tell you, it is HUGE.  I knew I wanted the hardback with this particular cover and I contemplated getting a first edition but then I found an ex library copy on eBay and including postage, it was about £3.  Bargain and now I don't have to ask Santa for it. 

Beneath This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
I love this series so much that although I've read the ebooks, I had to have the paperbacks too.  And I bought my sister a copy for Christmas (together with the first book).  If you haven't started this series, DO IT.  They're adult books and one of my favourite series out there.



E Books 


One Last Chance by Shelby Gates (Bought)
A high school reunion..on a cruise?!  Sounds awesome already as there's really nowhere to hide, and certainly not from an ex boyfriend.  Especially as there was a mix up and she's got nowhere to sleep.  Sounds interesting ;)
 
Stranded with a Billionaire by Jessica Clare (Bought)
"The Billionaire Boys Club is a secret society of six men who have vowed success – at any cost. Not all of them are old money, but all of them are incredibly wealthy. They’re just not always as successful when it comes to love…" SOLD. 

Beauty and the Billionaire by Jessica Clare (Bought)
This is book two in the series and I had to get it.  I just had to. 

The Wrong Billionaire's Bed by Jessica Clare (Bought) 
I have to admit that I love the title of this book - I mean just HOW do you get the wrong billionaire?  And if you're after only money then I suppose it doesn't matter, right?  I think it throws up a lot of questions and once I clicked on it, I found out that it was the third book in the series so I went and bought the other two which also sound awesome. 

Fate Book by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff (Bought)
The synopsis for this is both funny and mysterious.  I want to know why the MC lied, how the guy found out and who the hell he is?! Hooked. 

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Bought)
Although I have the paperback, I STILL haven't read this and as it's on sale for 99p at the moment, I'm considering giving the paperback to my mum to read on her holiday.  However, I have also got her the new Wilbur Smith which will keep her busy!

A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest (Bought)
To be honest, I thought I already had this book but apparently not.  I heard it had gone on sale and so I thought I would put it in my "when I need a good vampire read" category ;)

Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed (Bought)
There's nothing better than finding out that the man you left naked in your bed is your new boss.  Awkwardness ensues but she's a woman who doesn't surrender to love and he's not used to taking no for an answer.  I definitely want to find out what happens here. 

Finding You by S.K. Hartley (Bought)
Another book I love the sound of,  yes even though it seems the girl is a bit broken (aren't they all) because it centres on the romance rather than the circumstances. 


Knight and Play by Kitty French (Bought) 
I'm intrigued with the plot of this book and I want to know what makes it different from all the other adult erotic reads.  I've heard great things about the book so I'm going to give it a go.


Dark Wings by Skyla Madi (Free)
Although this is a book about angels, what I like is that the story is between two angels, rather than a human and an angel. 

Either Side of Midnight by Tori de Clare (Free) 
I'm so curious about this book, especially as there is a lot of mystery involved and a lot of questions to be answered.  Yes, I will definitely be reading this one.

Resisting the Bad Boy by Violet Duke (Free)
I quite like the good girl/bad boy trope and this sounds like a grown up version of that.  I know it's part of a series and I'm intrigued by the synopsis.

Selling Scarlett by Ella James (Free)
I'm pretty sure I got this on Netgalley but it's also free on Amazon right now.  This is about a girl auctioning off her virginity for money that she desperately needs.  I've simplified it there but read the synopsis as I'm intrigued to read it.

Forever by Eve Newton (Free)
Firstly, obviously this lady has a fabulous surname but not only that, the book sounds interesting too.  This is the story of a thousand year old female vampire and the three guys she shares a connection with.  Tons of five star reviews on Amazon and an interesting plot made this one an easy one click decision. 


Close Up and Personal by J.S. Taylor (Free)
This is book one in the series and is about an alpha male and possibly along the same lines as Fifty Shades.  What I'm curious about is that this book is set in the UK and that's refreshing as so many are US based.

Unexpected Gifts by Elena Aitken (Free)
I got this one because it sounds like a really cute Christmas read and we're heading toward that season now. 


Lost & Found by K.F. Breene (Free)
I'm going into this one with caution as I understand that there's a big cliffhanger and two more books set at a higher price to buy.  I guess we'll see if I want to continue reading. 

Big Girls Do It (Boxset) by Jasinder Wilder (Free)
There are so many books in this series but the first FOUR are free which is pretty amazing.  I've seen nothing but praise for the series so I'm definitely interested in giving it a go. 

One More Day by M. Malone (Free)
I'm immensely curious about The Alexanders series as I think it's something I would like.  This is the first book and I think the plot is clever.

Entanglement by Dan Rix (Free)
Out of all the free books I've downloaded from Amazon, this is the one I'm most excited about because it's a YA dystopian romance about soulmates and what happens if you don't have one.  I want to read it NOW but I need to get through Allegiant so I can get back online and stop avoiding people LOL. 
 
Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone (Netgalley - For Review)
I really enjoyed Time Between Us (C'mon, it's a time travel novel and you KNOW how I love time travel books) and I'm really excited to read the sequel. I can't imagine though what is going to happen next!

Switched by Cassie Mae (Netgalley - For Review)
I love the sound of this book, and how best laid plans never quite work out how you think they will, especially when it involves matters of the heart.  I'm a little anxious about lusting over your best friend's boyfriend but I'm willing to keep an open mind at this point.

Soul Possessed by Katlyn Duncan (Netgalley - For Review)
I still need to finish the first book in this series but I'm definitely interested to find out what happens next!

Mine by Katy Evans (Netgalley - For Review)
I LOVED Real and I couldn't wait to read the next installment, so I'm incredibly grateful to get this.  Actually, I've already read it as I couldn't wait and it was amazing!  I totally want to buy the paperbacks. 


I have a confession to make.  Whilst writing this post, I actually made more work for myself by continuing to one click on Amazon.  I couldn't help myself, hence the fact that this post is now a bit late. As I said earlier, I'm starting with Allegiant so as to avoid potential online spoilers and then I will read an ebook methinks.  I want to read Entanglement as I can't stop thinking about it and the fact that it's written by a guy, really intrigues me.  Anyway, I hope you had a great week for books and as always, please share your links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment