Saturday 27 July 2013

Letterbox Love (#62)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Review Books



All Our Yesterday's by Cristin Terrill (Finished UK Paperback)
This book is my MUST READ book of 2013 so far that I've already read, loved and reviewed on the blog.  I was sent a finished copy because I am quoted in there! Hoorah!  
 
The Night Itself by Zoe Marriott
I've heard so much about this book, sometimes I feel like I've already read it but in fact, I haven't...yet.  Full of Japanese myths and legends surrounding a Katana sword, this book sounds supremely interesting. 

Into the Grey by Celine Kiernan
This is apparently a chilling ghost story and the word "chilling" always makes me a little apprehensive.  It's no secret that I'm not fond of scary books and I kind of want someone to go first and tell me how it is and if I will scare myself stupid by reading it!





The Mortal Instruments City of Bones (Official Illustrated Movie Companion)
*Screams with excitement* You have NO IDEA how excited I am for this movie.   I love collecting movie companions for YA books and would have bought this anyway had it not been for a kind publisher.  Can't wait to dive in as I've only had a quick flick through so far!

The Shadowhunter's Guide
This is a relatively thin book and a quick and easy read.  Think of it more as a beginner's guide which you probably don't need if you've read the books but will probably want if you're a hardcore fan. 


A HUGE thank you to publishers this week!


Books Bought


Blurred by Tara Fuller 
I LOVED Inbetween, the first book, and I'm very excited to read the second book.  I actually have a digital ARC of it but haven't got round to reading it yet.  I know, shame on me.  I love this series and highly recommend that if you haven't read the first book, you do so immediately. 

EBooks

Knowing His Secret by K.C. Falls (Bought)
I won't lie, I'm loving the cover and this seems more like a novella in terms of word count than a novel so I know it's going to be a fairly quick read.  This is obviously a more adult romance novel and whilst I'm a little sick of the perfect, hot, billionaire trope, I'm still interested in giving this one a go. 

Wanderlust by Skye Warren (Bought)
This is a very adult book with some dark themes (kidnapping being one of them) and as I'm fascinated with Stockholm Syndrome, I wanted to read it. 

The Tantric Principle by Jennifer Probst (Bought)
I've read and enjoyed books from this author before and I like the idea of a hot, male yoga teacher in this adult contemporary romance.

Point of Origin by Amanda Havard (Bought)
This is book two in the Survivors Series (book one is currently free on Amazon) and I think it's YA.  The sequel is only 77p so why not?

Resurrection by A.M. Hargrove (Bought) 
This is book two in this YA series, Survival (which I downloaded last week) being the first.  It was only 77p.

Beginnings by A.M. Hargrove (Free)
This is a prequel novella to the Survival series and bonus, it was free!

The Survivors by Amanda Havard (Free)
It's historical, it's about witches and I am so there. 

Hope Breaks by Alice Bello (Free)
This is a new adult romantic comedy and it's free!  It's a novella so I have a feeling this will be a quick and fun read.

Knowing the Score by Kat Latham (Netgalley - For Review)
This is a new adult contemporary romance set in the UK and that immediately gets my attention as so much of it is US based.  I've always had a bit of a thing for rugby players so this book sounds right up my street!

Too Fast by Alexia Haynes (Netgalley - For Review) 
This is a new adult contemporary romance which is actually free on Amazon at the moment and had I known that, I would downloaded from there instead of Netgalley.  I'll give this one a go.


I'm trying to slow my reading down at the moment because I read much faster than I review and I'm running behind!  This gives me a good opportunity though to catch up with other things that need doing on a personal level.  I hope you all had a great week for books and as always, please share your links below.

3 comments:

  1. fab week for you! Hope you enjoy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my hands on All Our Yesterdays, it look incredible! And congrats on being quoted :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul, looking forward to seeing what you think of All Our Yesterdays, my haul

    ReplyDelete