Monday 15 July 2013

Letterbox Love (#60)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Review Books


The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher (Unsolicited)
So, I can't believe that I still haven't read Stolen by Lucy Christopher which was published a couple of years ago now and this is her new book which comes out in October.  Reading the synopsis, I'm not entirely sure this is a book for me but I am intrigued because of the massive success of her first book. 


The Beating of His Wings by Paul Hoffman (Unsolicited) 
This is the third and final installment in this fantasy series that I've never read.  Again, not sure if I will start this or not.

Thank You Publishers!!!!

Books Bought
I have not bought any physical books this week.


EBooks

Lick by Kylie Scott (Bought)
I LOVE the sound of this new adult rockstar book featuring a seemingly normal girl who just so happens to end up married to a rockstar, the only problem being, she can't remember getting married.  What happens in Vegas, baby.  Also, NO DAMAGED CHARACTERS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!  Just because of that, you should probably add this one to your list.

Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey (Bought)
This is a new adult/adult crossover novel and a standalone which means no cliffhangers and paying an extortionate amount for future books because you're already hooked on the series! YAY!
Apparently this book has everything - humour, romance and hot cowboys.  Looking forward to this one!

Stardust by Mimi Strong (Bought)
This is a new adult contemporary romance novel, only 49p at the moment and recommended for fans of Wallbanger and Tangled.  SOLD.  

Following Me by K.A. Linde (Bought)
Another 49p book with an interesting, mysterious plot about a girl who is running, but from what?  

Emerge by S.E. Hall (Bought)
The best friends who fancy each other but have never told each other is one of my favourite tropes ever and so this new adult contemporary romance has my name written all over it. 

Catching Liam by Sophia Bleu (Bought)
I do hate it when I see the same cover (or at least the same actors from another book cover on a completely different book cover) but that aside, I think the story sounds great.  Another trope I love is the girl who avoids love at all costs and this one has THE GUY trying to convince her that he's for real.  Sounds positively dreamy and definitely a book for me. 

The Language of Spells by Sarah Painter (Bought)
Sounds good and was on offer for 99p at the time of purchasing.  It's had nothing but good reviews and I'd be willing to give it a go as I love stories about witches. 

Buried by Leah Cypess (Bought)
I will admit that I have not read Nightspell yet or its subsequent sequel but I hate not having an entire collection once I've started buying the books and so I bought this novella to complete the set. 

Who Wants to Marry a Billionaire? by Emily Stone (Free) 
Um, I DO!I DO! But only if he's hot and we have sizzling chemistry.  This book is about a billionaire who has to prove himself to his potential clients and so he gets himself a fake fiancee.  Lines blur etc and whilst we all know what's coming, we still can't resist reading.  Or at least I can't.

Shades of the Stars by David James (Free)
I am immensely intrigued in this series and this is the latest in the series, which just so happens to be free for a limited time.  I have all the other books in the series and I really should start reading as I want to read more in the YA/NA genre by male writers simply out of curiosity.

Reverence by Shelly Crane (Free)
This is a short novella in this series that I haven't read yet, I just wanted it for my collection for when I do get round to reading it. 

I have read some awesome books lately, the one most notable is Knock Out Love by Pella Grace which was just fanbloodytastic, look out for my review really soon.  I don't have a plan of what I'm going to read this week, I'm just going to go with the flow and what I feel like.  Apologies for the lateness of this post but I was working on Sunday!  As always, I hope you had a great week for books and please share your links below. 

1 comment: