Sunday 7 July 2013

Letterbox Love (#59)

As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Review Books
I have not received any review books this week. 

 Books Bought
I did not buy any physical books this week.

EBooks 

The Last Boyfriend by J.S. Cooper (Bought)
I'll admit that I bought this one because it was only 49p.  I've seen some mixed reviews but I'm willing to give it a go.

Rock My World by Michelle A. Valentine (Bought)
I love Michelle Valentine's books and this is the next in this series.  They are currently on sale and I was going to buy it anyway so BONUS.

Parallel by Lauren Miller (Bought)
I actually already have a copy of this book but it was on sale for kindle so I jumped on it.  Nowadays, it feels weird to read an actual physical book.

Extreme Love by Abby Niles (Bought)
I couldn't hold off any longer, I really want to read this book - after I can stop constantly staring at the cover of course ;)

Knock Out Love by Pella Grace (Bought)
I bought this one thanks to Georgia McBride who was bigging it up on Twitter. It sounds like a great read although it might not be a book for everyone as I think there is cheating involved.  I'm definitely curious about it though.

This Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas (Bought)
Initially, I was disappointed in the cost of this eBook and was going to wait and see if the price came down in the next few weeks but sadly, I couldn't wait as this is the last installment in this series and I had to know what happened next!  The book was brilliant and I love Jodi as a writer (and not just because she is British).  This series deserves a lot more recognition as it's a real joy to read and I'll read anything that Jodi writes next.

Search Me by Katie Ashley (Bought)
I'm a huge fan of Katie Ashley - and also books about hot military guys. Put the two together and you've got a book with my name written all over it.
Dare You To by Katie McGarry (Bought)
Again, I've got a physical copy of this book but it was on sale for kindle so I bought it.

Unchartered by Tracey Garvis Graves (Bought)
I just read On The Island by the same author (which btw comes highly recommended by me) and this is a companion novella that's just been released recently

Ember X by Jessica Sorensen (Free)
This is weird because it's a New Adult Paranormal version of a Young Adult book called Ember.  As such, this contains more adult content.  I'm not sure if I should read Ember and THEN this or just jump straight into this one to be honest.  Probably the latter.  


What a weird week for books but as you can see, it didn't stop me one clicking!  I just finished reading Goddess by Josephine Angelini and This Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas, both of which were EXCELLENT reads.  'm not sure yet what I feel like reading this week.  Apologies for the lack of reviews lately, my wrists are aching and I've been on night shifts which is probably a good thing as it's kept me off the computer.  Anyway, I hope you all had a great week for books and as always, please share your links below.

2 comments:

  1. I got Ember X on kindle too, I was not aware it was a re-write with more adult content - oh well, I'll probably just read this one first anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ember X is great you will like it :) Have you read Rock My World Yet *swoon*

    ReplyDelete