Monday 11 March 2013

Samson's Lovely Mortal Review


Vampire bachelor Samson can't get it up anymore. Not even his shrink can help him. That changes when the lovely mortal auditor Delilah tumbles into his arms after a seemingly random attack. Suddenly there's nothing wrong with his hydraulics - that is, as long as Delilah is the woman in his arms.

His scruples about taking Delilah to bed vanish when his shrink suggests it's the only way to cure his problem. Thinking all he needs is one night with her, Samson indulges in a night of pleasure and passion.

However, another attack on Delilah and a dead body later, and Samson has his hands full: not only with trying to hide the fact he's a vampire, but also with finding out what secrets Delilah harbors for somebody to want her harm.

This is a book about Samson and Delilah but if you’re after the bible story?  THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT IT.  I was in the mood for a sexy, vampire book so I did what any sensible woman would do - I asked twitter and I googled.  I actually found this book on a Goodreads list and as it was number one in said list, it had to be good, right?

I can sum this book up in just four words for you...crap title, good book.

This book does what it says on the tin.  It’s entertaining, it’s steamy in parts and I really enjoyed the tongue in cheekness of the storyline.  Samson is the strong, rich, good looking vampire and owner of Scanguards Security.  He’s well respected in the vampire community and so he doesn’t want his little secret of not being able to get it up, getting out for fear of being a laughing stock.  I mean, who has ever heard of a vampire with erectile dysfunction?!  His little problem seems to disappear however when he stumbles across Delilah but there’s just one problem - she’s mortal and every moment she spends with him is potentially dangerous.  Not just for her life but also for her heart.  Throw in the fact that she’s auditing his company and has found some suspicious behaviour among the books, which points to the fact that there is a traitor in the midst.  And said traitor is not going down without a fight.  The answer is simple, get rid of the auditor.  Yeah, not with Samson around thank you very much *swoons*. 

I really enjoyed reading this book and I loved ALL the characters, particularly the bunch of hot vampire guys that are Samson’s friends (well, who wouldn’t?!) and I’m delighted to tell you that this book is part of a seven book series with each guy pretty much getting a turn in the spotlight. 

I have to tell you something funny before I finish this review.  I’d read one reviewer say that this book grabbed her by the very first line.  Now, as an aspiring writer I’m very much interested in hooks and first lines but when I read the first line, I laughed out loud.  Indeed, the reviewer was right and I’m not knocking the opening line, I just didn’t expect it to be THAT.  You’ll see ;)

If you’re after a hot, entertaining vampire story, then this is definitely the book for you. 

Samson’s Lovely Mortal was published on 25th May, 2010.  To find out more about Tina Folsom, please click here to visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment