Wednesday 16 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith.  Here's the synopsis:

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?  

Can I make a confession? I don't actually care what this book is about, I just care that it's written by Jennifer E. Smith and I LOVED The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight so much that I already know I want to read this.  As it happens, I love the cover and the synopsis has piqued my interest, for sure.  I've heard that this is also going to be published in the UK (HOORAH!) and I can't wait to read it :)

This Is What Happy Looks Like is published on 2nd April, 2013 in the US and I'm hoping the UK date is the same.  

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's already been confirmed that it will be published in the UK, just no date as of yet.

      Delete
  2. I really liked The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight as well and definitely excited to read more from the author! The plot summary sounds fab :) I preferred the UK cover of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight so it'll be interesting to see if a separate UK cover is released.

    Sarah @ TotalTeenFiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hadn't considered another cover for the UK. I like the US one though.

      Delete
  3. NGL, The Statistical Probability wasn't a perfect book for me, but I like her writing in it and the characters, so I am super excited for this book too! I hope I like it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read Statistical Probability and found it kind of a downer so I hope this book's lighter premise is accurate-I don't want to cry again due to this author!

    ReplyDelete