Thursday 10 January 2013

Bared to You Review


Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

I think it’s quite obvious that this is a very adult book with mature content and scenes of an explicit nature.  If that’s not your thing, then please look away now.

With the success of Fifty Shades, you can’t fail to notice the increase in amount of erotic novels adorning the supermarket shelves (in the book section obvs, they haven’t replaced all the food and drink with erotica). Bared to You by Sylvia Day was one of the first books to appear after THAT BOOK and is actually recommended for fans of Fifty Shades.    Let’s just say that the sex is a little tamer in this book but the sexual/animal/magnetic attraction was the same as Ana and Christian’s.  Whereas Fifty was fifty shades of fucked up and Ana had no real problems apart from being a virgin (which isn’t really a problem btw), what I liked about this book was that both of the main characters had their own issues and they both had to learn to adjust, compromise and work with each other to overcome them.  I say overcome them but again one of the good things about the book is that it does not have a clear cut happy ending, it’s more of a “we’re working on it” which I guess is a little more realistic.  

Gideon was very nice but sorry, he didn’t quite melt me as much as Christian did and I can’t imagine calling out “Gideon” in the middle of sex.  I’d probably just laugh and I’m sure no man ever wants to be laughed at during the more intimate moments.  Also, some of the dialogue made me cringe and actually laugh out loud at times. 

Having said all that, I did enjoy the book for the most part and would be interested in reading the sequel but it won’t be top of the pile. 

Bared to You was published on 12th June, 2012 in the US and 19th July, 2012 in the UK.  To find out more about Sylvia and her books, please click here to visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment