Sunday 2 December 2012

Letterbox Love (#31)


As always, Letterbox Love is a weekly feature that I'm hosting on the blog and basically, the idea came out of a discussion with other UK book bloggers about the need to do a weekly meme with more of a British feel to it. Therefore, Letterbox Love was born and the logo was lovingly designed by Dark Readers. Letterbox Love is a way for us to share the books that come through our letterbox, galleys and e books (through our electronic letterbox) and any other bookish goodies that we want to tell you about. Letterbox Love is intended to showcase upcoming books and build up some excitement for them as well as let you know what is available out there. It is not about competing with other bloggers or boasting of any kind (c'mon, we're British and we don't do drama!)

Review Books



Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
This was one book I was DYING to read and when I found out it was being published in the UK, it totally made my day.  I forgot to show this one last week as I was sent a huge manuscript!  I took it to work and read it on night shifts and LOVED IT LIKE WOAH.  I can't stop thinking about it and I need the sequel like yesterday.  

Books Bought


Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
Isn't this one of the most prettiest covers EVER?  And it's a cute story about a school trip to London.  WHY IS THIS NOT BEING PUBLISHED IN THE UK?  I hope we get to see it over here ;)


Inside HBO's Game of Thrones
A gorgeous looking companion book but apparently, I can't read it until I've seen all of season two as there are spoilers! 

Ebooks

A Very Naughty Xmas - compilation (Bought)
I'm very excited to read this Christmas themed compilation of sexy stories by some of my favourite authors!  I'm thinking this is going to be at the top of the TBR pile.

Always You by Kirsty Moseley (Bought)
This is about a girl who develops a crush on her best friend and he just so happens to be the biggest player going.  I'm interested to see where this story is going to go. 

Creating Space: The Case for Everyday Creativity (Free)
This is a 30 page manifesto that is supposed to help you make space in your life to be creative.  What can I say, it was free and I like the idea of it. 

Noah (5th Street #1) by Elizabeth Reyes (Bought)
This is adult/new adult featuring an older woman and a younger guy.  I just finished reading this one and really enjoyed it.  I believe there are more books in this series and I will definitely be reading them!

Darkride by Laura Bradley Rede (Bought)
This is a paranormal book and I'm not sure whether it's YA or NA to be honest.  I also can't remember why I bought it but I must have had a good reason and it's had nothing but 4-5 star reviews.  I did groan at the inclusion of vampires/werewolves but I'm willing to give it a go.

Crash by Nicole Williams (Bought)
One of my friends was talking about this book to me and she told me that she was really into it.  It's about a good girl and a very, very bad boy.  I like it already lol.

Jingle all the YA Sampler (Free)
This was free and is a sample of 14 books. 

Transcend by Christine Fonseca (Bought)
If you know me well, you know that The Phantom of the Opera is my all time favourite musical and love story.  When I heard that this book was based on Phantom (I think it's a YA retelling) I KNEW I had to read it and I'm excited to do so!

Touched by Corinne Jackson (Bought)
I can't even tell you how excited I am to read this, let me just say that this book has MY NAME ALL OVER IT.  It's about a girl with the ability to heal and I've always wanted to write a book like that myself so I'm sure I will take great pleasure in reading it.

None of the Regular Rules by Erin Downing (Bought)
I LOVE the synopsis for this book and to be honest, what sealed the deal was the blurb from Jennifer Echols whom I love.  Looking forward to this one. 

Sex Lessons by Daniel Grant (Bought)
This is an adult book and is supposed to be really funny.  Again, I'm looking forward to reading this and having a good laugh.

Gravity by Melissa West (For Review)
YA Sci Fi? I'M IN! I *love* the cover for this book and I'm definitely intrigued by the synopsis.  I may have to buy this for the shelves, for the cover alone. 

Flawed by Kate Avelynn (For Review)
This one sounds interesting yet tragic and explores the relationship between a brother and sister - it kind of reminds me of the relationship between two characters in the film The Butterfly Effect. 

I'm always amazed how many ebooks I buy in a week, even when I'm actively trying not to (will try harder next week).  It's been a quiet week for review books and I only bought two hardbacks this week but it's quality, not quantity ;)  I hope you had a great week for books, please leave your Letterbox Love links below! 

4 comments:

  1. Great haul, Lynsey! I'm looking forward to Falling Kingdoms, waiting for the paperback though! Hppy reading!

    First Class Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! I've heard great things about Gravity & Crash. x]
    Happy reading!

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete