Wednesday 28 November 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Crushed by Dawn Rae Miller.  Here's the synopsis:

For seventeen-year-old serial womanizer Fletch Colson, life is a game and if he plays by the rules, he’ll win it all: his dream college, his parents’ money, and a hot (if a little vapid) girl on his arm. Really, it couldn’t be easier. All he has to do is get good grades, live a privileged boarding school life, and try not to mess up too much.

However, when he accepts the seemingly impossible bet to change his ways and be “just friends” with smart, beautiful, tempting Ellie Jacobs – a girl who seems hell bent on confusing him - Fletch’s whole world is turned upside down.

Suddenly, what seemed simple and clear, no longer feels right and Fletch must decide if winning it all is worth losing a piece of himself.

I have to start by saying that I believe Dawn Rae Miller is one of the most ununderrated YA authors out there right now.  I LOVE her work and she always sucks me into a story immediately which is a rare talent.  This is a very different book than Larkstorm (which I also loved) as it's a lot more contemporary and dare I say, edgy?  I LOVE the cover and often the simple ones are the most effective.  Thankfully, we don't have a long wait for this as it's released on 11th December, 2012 and I may or may not be reading it now ;) 

7 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds like a great read! And I really like the cover too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing-thanks for bringing it to my attention because I'd never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete