Wednesday 21 November 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Transparent by Natalie Whipple. Here's the synopsis:

X-Men meets The Godfather; in which an invisible girl has to stop her dad—an infamous crime lord—from ruining her life.

On the run from her mind-controlling father, the infamously invisible Fiona McClean hides in a small town, hoping to finally rid herself of the crime world she has always known. But playing at “normal life” with a mother she hates, a brother she can’t trust, and a boy she can’t stand proves more difficult than she ever imagined. Soon her father is hot on her heels, and it’s up to Fiona to protect not only her family, but the friends who’ve taught her that life doesn’t have to be as lonely and cruel as she thought.

I have been following Natalie Whipple's publication journey for the longest time and I am THRILLED that her book is FINALLY coming out.  It's probably wrong of me to compare this to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo because I have neither read the book or seen the movie but that's the kind of thing that springs to mind when I read the synopsis for Transparent.  I definitely think it sounds interesting and I LOVE the cover.  Fingers crossed that it lives up to my expectations ;)  

Transparent is published on 21st May, 2013 with no information about a possible UK release.

4 comments:

  1. I have read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm not really feeling this comparison although father chasing the daughter is true. I think X-Men is a cooler one but I prefer that to GWTDT so I'm not unbiased there. Excited for this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynsey, Transparent will be released the same day in the UK! No extra waiting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoorah, thanks for telling me that Hotkey Books are publishing this one :)

      Delete