Wednesday 7 November 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

 
"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Goddess by Josephine Angelini. Here's the synopsis:

After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.

In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.

Lusting after the final book in a series is always a bittersweet experience because on one hand, you are DESPERATE to find out what happens next but at the same time, you don't want it to end.  THAT'S how I feel about Goddess by Josephine Angelini.  I loved the first two books and I love the relationship between Lucas and Helen (Sorry Orion, you are an unwelcome distraction).  As always, I would probably be willing to lose a minor body part in order to read this now but unfortunately, we'll all have to wait until 28th May, 2013 in the US and 6th June, 2013 in the UK.

4 comments:

  1. Love this cover and I am so excited for this conclusion. However I am going to have to fight with you-Orion > Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the US covers are simply stunning and this is one of the reasons I'm buying those as opposed to the UK copies. TEAM LUCAS ALL THE WAY BABY!

      Delete
  2. I adore that cover. I got Dreamless from the library a bit ago and I'm dying to start it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, YES do read it so you're up to speed for when Goddess comes out!

      Delete