Wednesday 1 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Dead Romantic by C.J. Skuse. Here's the synopsis:

"C.J. Skuse takes chick lit to pieces and stitches it together with a sharp comic touch.

Camille wants to find the perfect boy, with an athlete’s body and a poet’s brain. But when she’s rejected at her new college party, she knows there isn’t a boy alive who’ll ever measure up. Enter Zoe, her brilliant but strange best friend, who takes biology homework to a whole new level. She can create Camille’s dream boy, but can she make him love her?

DEAD ROMANTIC is a new take on Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein."

I'm a HUGE fan of C.J's intelligent and witty writing so of course I can't wait to read her next book but I'm massively excited at the thought of "Weird Science" for girls.  If you have no idea what I'm referring to, get thee to a Blockbuster or equivalent and rent the movie Weird Science, then come and share your excitement with me.  Dead Romantic will be published in February, 2013.


6 comments:

  1. This sounds SO COOL! Never heard of it, but I love books based on books! The cover horrifies me, though. I totally had to scroll down as quickly as possible so I wouldn't have to see his *shudder* neck anymore. Urgh.

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it sounds AWESOME and CJ is an excellent writer. You'll have to cover the book with something to read it LOL

      Delete
  2. I loved Weird Science! Gosh, I'm a sucker for all the late 1980's early 1990's funny, teen romance movies. Yes, this does sound good :)
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this or the author but this sounds really fun and cute! :D Nice pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must check out her other books which are FABULOUS!

      Delete