Wednesday 4 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. This week's pick is Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi. Here's the synopsis:

"Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.


In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow."



I only have five words for you....


FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, this is me so naturally I can't say everything in just five little words.  I know I'm supposed to love Adam and I kinda do but Warner is this tortured soul who just needs the love of a good woman and that...well it kinda does something to me.  I *NEED* this book like woah and I want to say to Tahereh - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for writing this book from Warner's perspective.  If I could pre-order it now, I totally would. Destroy Me is published on 2nd October, 2012 with Unravel Me scheduled for early 2013.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man i havn't even read Shatter Me yet! I really need to catch up!

    Michelle
    Tell me a story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shatter Me has been on my TBR list for a while now, I definitely need to read it before Bopk 2 is released... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I'm not the only one who's Team Warner! Yes, thank you thank you Tahereh Mafi!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Novella originals are always great to read. This looks really good-even if I haven't read Shatter Me. Great title for this one!

    ReplyDelete