Wednesday 15 September 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, originally started by Jill at Breaking the Spine , that highlights upcoming book releases everyone is waiting on...hence the title. I did skip out on last week's Waiting on Wednesday (sorry but I didn't have time as I was working too hard) so this week's pick is Unearthly by US author Cynthia Hand. Here is the GoodReads blurb:

"In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees. . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what it is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place--and out of place, at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make--between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?"

Ok, firstly the cover is gorgeous and I love the title! But what I really love is that it involves angels. Everyone knows that I'm part wolf girl and part angel girl so OF COURSE this book appeals to me. I especially like the idea of the main protagonist being part angel which is not really a concept I have come across in other YA books about angels. This has my curiousity piqued!

Unearthly will be published by HarperTeen in the US on 4th January, 2011. The UK rights have not been sold as of yet but that does not deter me! Thanks to online resellers, I will be ordering this one when the time comes and if I can manage to get my hands on an ARC (which will of course go on a tour for UK Book Tours) then that that would be fantastic!! If I love it, I'll buy a finished copy anyway :)

What are you waiting on?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am actually surprised this will be published by Harlequin...maybe it's just me, but the cover looks like a self-published book without much use of color. It's pretty and all, just looks low budget to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Harper Teen, not Harlequin. I like the cover and it doesn't say self published to me. I guess it's not for everyone though. Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be the first time I've heard of this one, but it sounds REALLY good! Seems that angels are the new vamps so to speak (next trend)...not a bad choice! ^_^

    ReplyDelete