Sunday 23 May 2010

In My Mailbox

"In My Mailbox" was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Every Sunday, I will let you know what books I've picked up in the week! And I have to say, there is not a great deal this week but then after LAST week, are you surprised?!

First up is "The Moonstone Legacy" by Diana de Gunzburg and Tony Wild. This is a UK YA debut from both writers and was sent to my for review. Whilst I'm not overly blown away by the cover art, I am reminded not to judge a book by its cover. I'm intrigued by the mystery and adventure this title promises to deliver and I will be reviewing this next month so look out for that! It's out now to buy (I saw it in Foyles, London last week).



Next up is "Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake" by Sarah MacLean. As a huge fan of romance novels, I knew I had to get this one, especially when I read how much everyone had enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I will be reviewing this on the blog though so I'll have to read it first to decide. This is a mass market paperback which is not my favourite format for books but I decided to make an exception for this one!





Last but by no means least are "The Vampire Diaries" books from L.J. Smith. I always fantasise that she has the same first and middle name as me since we share the same initials (I'm sure we don't though). I was lucky enough to be sent all the Vampire Diaries books published to date with the new UK/TV series tie in cover art. Whilst I am a HUGE fan of the show, I remember attempting to read these books a while ago now and not overly loving them. I'm willing to put my prejudices aside though and start fresh. It should be interesting to compare to the TV show.

9 comments:

  1. I love the TVD tie-in covers, though I think I'd be tempted to stare at the brothers rather than read it ;)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha good point, and I may just have to do this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually the first time I like the TV series better than the book. Points to self: Team Damon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nine Rules to Break the Rake looks super good and I've heard wonderful things about it. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious to know what you think of Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake. If you don't end up reviewing it on your blog you'll have to email me & tell me if it's any good or not! It is definitely the kind of book I'd pick up :o)

    I've got The Moonstone Legacy too & I'm curious about it, I'm not too keen on the cover but it does sound like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'll definitely tell you if it's any good! I have heard good things about it. And we can compare notes on The Moonstone Legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LJ is Lisa Jane. I didn't like the books half as much as the TV show, but I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with the others and liking the TV programme better than the books! And I feel bad saying that..

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think instead of your mailbox these books should be delivered by owls... (don't ask it's been a long day at work and I was reading about the books in your mailbox and thought about a bunch of owls at your window carrying books.) Think about it Lynsey!

    ReplyDelete