Sunday 9 May 2010

In My Mailbox

"In My Mailbox" was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren. Every Sunday, I will let you know what books I've picked up in the week! I realise I have been severely lacking in these posts lately but I've been trying to limit my book shopping to the bare minimum and so there hasn't been too much to tell you about. However, I have quite a few books to tell you about THIS week...

Sister's Red by Jackson Pearce is officially released on 7th June which is MY BIRTHDAY! The Gods were totally smiling on me this week as I received an ARC of this book. I'm so excited to read and review this one! And just so you know, I'm still asking for a finished copy for my birthday :)



Next up is Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. I've heard so much about this book that I'm practically frothing at the mouth wanting to read this! I've been warned not to read this book before bed otherwise I won't want to GO to bed and will be up all night reading. This person knows me really well so it's definitely true! I have a couple of other books to read first and then this is definitely my next choice.


Rules of Attraction, also by Simone Elkeles, is the follow up novel to Perfect Chemistry so of course I need to read this. It's a fairly recent release actually and I'm excited to add it to the TBR pile. I'm sure that when I've read Perfect Chemistry, I won't be able to help myself from picking this up next.



I have to confess that I have not read anything by Lisa Shroeder but I Heart You, You Haunt Me intrigues me. I've never read anything that is entirely in prose before and wasn't sure that I would like it. The jury is still out until I have read it but I'm hopeful that I'll like it.



I've heard of Amanda Marrone before and still want to read Uninvited and Devoured. This however, is Revealers. I love the cover and the book is witchy in nature which definitely interests me. I look forward to reading this one and discovering a new author's work in the process.



Another author that is new to me is Laurie Halse Anderson. A friend gave me a copy of Twisted and told me I had to read it. Who am I to argue?! I like the fact that this book is not paranormal in nature as I also like reading things that are "normal" every now and then.



This is the UK cover for Ash by Malinda Lo. I have to admit that I have a hardback version of this and also that I have not read it yet. I plan to move this one up the TBR pile and get it read and reviewed! If nothing else, to get to know Malinda's writing.



Catherine Fisher, author of Incarceron and Sapphique has a new book out called Crown of Acorns. I've heard great things about her as an author and so I'm excited to read this and see if I like it.




Another author I've heard good things about is Sarah Dessen. I've not read any of her books but I was lucky enough to receive Someone Like You which will be my taster book to Sarah's writing. I like the snazzy UK covers too.



Last but by no means least is Last Chance, also by Sarah Dessen. I could repeat what I've said above but I won't.







Look out for reviews of all the above books in the near future.

8 comments:

  1. i have a few of these books, Revealers i've had since my trip here last summer, it's pretty decent! and im dying to read Ash :) and I Heart You, You Haunt Me is one i really want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books! I can't wait for your review! Sister's Red sounds so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked very much I Heart You, You Haunt Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some fab books this week! I loved Perfect Chemistry (& I did actually stay up all night reading it LOL), I've not read Rules of Attraction yet but it is one I'm dying to get my hands on :o)

    I hope you enjoy all your books this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, watch out for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have Ash! Envy, thy name is Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to hear that you have read Perfect Chemistry. I need to hear you shre my love for badass Mexicanos ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen - I'll lend it to you after I've read it

    Precious - I can't wait to read and review it!!

    Gaby - cool :)

    Sarah - Thanks hon, I am looking forward to reading Perfect Chemistry, might be one for my holiday :)

    Becky - I just KNOW I will, can we share him? ;)

    ReplyDelete