Sunday 7 March 2010

In My Mailbox

"In My Mailbox" was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren. I have been thinking about starting this as a regular feature on the blog for some time now and have decided that every Sunday, I will let you know what books I've picked up in the week!

So this week lets start with the awesome "Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater. As most of you will know by now, I was very lucky to win an ARC of Linger from a contest with over 2,800 entries! I always seem to get a feeling when books are going to arrive in the mail and I was right, it arrived on Saturday! I'm trying to resist the temptation to immediately start reading as I want to re-read Shiver first so it's fresh for review writing purposes. Thank you to Maggie though for drawing a little wolf in it and signing it for me *grin*





Next up is "Howl's Moving Castle" by Dianna Wynne Jones. I ended up scouring Ebay for this one as I really wanted a hard back copy (I don't know why, I'm just weird like that - I prefer hard backs). It all started with a blog post over at Maggie Stiefvater's blog. I've never read anything by Dianna Wynne Jones before but it's Maggie Stiefvater and Tessa Gratton's fault for this one! They were raving about it and urged me to read it.



I also bought "The Splendour Falls" by Rosemary Clement-Moore as I'd heard some really good things about it. I saw the paperback copy in book shops but I really wanted the hardback so I got it online. Looking forward to reading this one and I love the cover art!





"The Demon's Lexicon" by Sarah Rees Brennan is another book I had been meaning to pick up for a while. I didn't like the cover art for the paperback so as usual, I sought out the hard back and I much prefer it! Again, I've heard good things about this book so I'm looking forward to reading it. I heard a rumour about a sequel but don't quote me on that until I know more.




"The Pace" by Shelena Shorts is another book I'd heard good things about so picked up a copy. No hardback available so I settled for the paperback. Lovely cover art.






I was in Waterstones yesterday picking up yet another copy of Shiver (for a friend's birthday) and it was part of a 3 for 2 offer. Obviously I cannot resist such offers and so I pondered for quite a while over what other books to buy. I thought I had it all figured out until I came across the following two books: "Archangel's Kiss" and "Blood Angel" by Nalini Singh. I read the blurb on the back and thought they sounded really interesting. Also, love the cover art. And yes they're paperback copies (sometimes it's OK). So I'm adding them to the TBR pile.


Look out for future reviews on all the above titles folks!

2 comments:

  1. You got some fabulous books this week! They're all on my wishlist! Well I haven't heard of Howl's Moving Castle. You'll have to let me know what you think.

    Here's what I got: Not-Really-Southern Vamp Chick

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great stuff too! You seem to have won a lot so well done you!!

    ReplyDelete