Saturday 27 February 2010

Hourglass Review (No Spoilers)

WARNING – DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ EVERNIGHT OR STARGAZER FIRST

"So that meant I pretty much had to begin my career as the world's first-and-only vampire vampire hunter"

As most of you know, I was very lucky to get my hands on an ARC of Hourglass by Claudia Gray. This book is not officially released until 9th March (in the USA) and 15th March (in the UK). Having just finished Stargazer, I was eager to continue the story and so I picked up Hourglass and started reading. I devoured this book in about 5 hours and LOVED every minute of it! I was torn between opening this review with: “OH.MY.GOD!” or just simply “WOW!” but I decided to try and add a few more words to my feelings of dumbstruck.

I think this has got to be the best book in the series yet and as I finished it, I was thinking “How the hell am I going to write a review on this without revealing any spoilers?!” It’s going to be difficult but I’m going to try! If you’ve read Stargazer, it should come as no surprise to you that Bianca, Lucas and Raquel are now on the run with Black Cross (the centuries old organisation set up to destroy vampires). Bianca has to keep her true self a secret which is not going to be easy! Having been introduced to the “Wraiths” in Stargazer, they have just as much presence in Hourglass as well. I can’t really go into much more detail about what happens because I really don’t want to spoil it for everyone. I want you to be just as overwhelmed by it as I was and I truly hope you love it like I do!

There were so many moments in this book where I gasped and openly said “Oh my god!”, even though I was the only person in the room. There was lots of action, lots of suspense and lots of surprises to say the least. Claudia, I bow down to your greatness. You’ve just made me even hungrier for more!! This was a fantastic book and I highly recommend you read it as soon as possible! Forget about work/school/life....JUST READ IT! You won’t be sorry!

The fourth and final book “Afterlife” will be released in March 2011, according to Claudia. ARGH can I really wait that long?! And don’t forget that HarperTeen will be publishing a fifth, stand-alone book all about Balthazar, which will come out following Afterlife. They’re all on the wish list don’t you worry!

3 comments:

  1. I've read the first two books in the series too, but I didn't love them, I thought they were okay for maybe younger readers, but I think that was because I was just sick of all the vampire novels about. This review is amazing, may have to give this one a try. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I loved from them from the start! But hon, this book is the best one yet so you should definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for not posting spoilers in your reviews, Lyns. I love these books and im glad you didnt spoil this one for me! :)

    ReplyDelete